Thursday, November 10

Hacking The Airwaves

This is weird. I'm sat in my car waiting for those nice people at Pizza Hut to burn by Pizza ... so I open my Powerbook to do some work. Without thinking I open my web browser, and curse myself for being so stupid ... but hang on a minute ... there's my homepage. Wuh?

I try clicking on a link ... and it works ... eh?

Let me go through this one more time: I'm in my car (Check), I'm not anywhere near my house (Check); I'm browsing the web (Wuh?).

After a bit more investigative work I find that my laptop has automatically found and connected to someone's personal WiFi network. Dunno where it is, but it's not secure and I'm connected :o)

Let this be a lesson to all those WiFi users: SECURE YOUR NETWORK!

Hmm. Having said that, my network is not secure. I wonder if the sheep have been using it? It is a risk. Maybe I should turn on the encryption.

Anyway. Pizza awaits.

Oli Out.

No comments: