Thursday, March 1

BBC: "Net firms tackle Vista headache"

Don't you just love the BBC's technology reporting? I frequently ridicule it here ;o)

This article appeared today, and it got me thinking. The article appears biased towards the ISP's complaint that Microsoft Windows Vista has 'broken' their software...

I'm sorry, but Windows Vista is a significant update to the Windows series, and it's changed many of the ways it handles system-level stuff ... such as networking. In fact, networking was one of the major focuses of the update!

This is an operating system that has been in beta for over a year now, and developers have had ample time to update their software. You'd have thought that these multi-million pound broadband companies such as Virgin, would have realised that some of their customers would be using Windows Vista as of February, and would have checked that their install CDs worked? Clearly not :o)

It almost sounds like I'm sympathising with Microsoft, which is rare. I'm not really ... it just frustrates me when global press organisations report on technology issues such as these, and point the finger of blame at the wrong person. Bah!

(I'm going to make a very good Grumpy Old Man, aren't I? :o)

No comments: