Saturday, December 23

New NEW design :o)

Yes, yes. It's all changed again. If you visited this blog in the last three weeks you'll have seen a fairly drab, colourless design that I started working on. Well, it's gone. Some of you complained that the RSS feed was gone: well, its back.

I was inspired through delayed reaction to a comment Tom made about a week ago. When I told him about my attempt to create a table-free design for my website, he said "keep it simple". I don't know why it took me so long to react, but he was right. I'd wasted almost an entire weekend wondering why the boxes in the sidebar were bunching up; why the spacing and padding wasn't consistent; and why my curved edges didn't display correctly...

...in fact I spent almost a week on this before I realised that I'd forgotten the purpose of my blog. Ho well, silly me. I'm back to reality now, and merrily posting away.

This new design is based on something I liked when browsing a couple of MSDN blogs. The header is easily updatable, so hopefully I can keep you entertained with weekly updates to the banner. I'm also looking into updating this template to work with the new Blogger layout tools. There's a host of useful add-ons which become activated once I do this, such as the ability to show RSS feeds from other sites, etc. All in all, I'm quite happy with this new design. Now, I wonder if my Starbucksblog buddies will let me apply the same treatment to that blog? Its long overdue for an update ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey! You got feeds. Now only need thoughts. Guybrush

Oli Tee said...

... and speaking of Guybrush - I take it you got that email I sent you, Mr P?