Sunday, January 8

Flickring Boat



I've decided to upgrade to a Flickr Pro account.

I figured: What am I going to use Flickr for? Am I going to fill it full of random holiday photos and images of empty coffee cups ... or am I going to put my better photos on it, and see what people think?

I was surprised then, after uploading this photos I took in Tunisia, that it only took 10 seconds to get the first random comment posted about it. Another 10 minutes go by, and all the other photos I uploaded were getting a look in. Not bad, eh?

After hunting around the Flickr website, finally trying to figure out what's available, I discover 'Groups'. Groups are communities of Flickrites who share a common interest, or like a certain genre of photography. There are groups for black n' white photography, photographs taken in West Yorkshire ... even photos of Apple Macs. Joining one of these groups allows you to publish your own photos in the group for comments. They're also a source of amazing and inspiring images.

If you already use Flickr, then you probably said 'duh!' while reading the last paragraph. I can't believe I've been a member for so long, and never bothered to find out how the site works. Ah well.

Hopefully my new year's resolution (No. 6), which is to 'Get out and use my camera more often', will result in a very Flickry year :o)

No comments: