Saturday, May 27

b.Tween Marathon

Ughh ... that was a long week. I've worked a 63 hour week, and every minute of it on my feet. My legs ache!

Hopefully the result was worth it. We were hosting the b.Tween New Media Forum, and as the name suggests - the technical demands were high. Unlike most events we host, this one had over a week of preparation time - and it needed it.

There was a massive demand on network bandwidth and connectivity, including rolling out a new WiFi network in many areas of the museum (Which, incidentally, I forgot to secure before I left yesterday - so if anyone wants free WiFi, head to NMPFT this weekend!). The event was also webcast, which caused me the biggest headache and a sleepless night prior to the event.

All that said, an hour into the first day of the forum I think I'd pulled it off. Everything was running smoothly, and for the first time in a week I could relax.

My only regret was that I was too busy to see any of the presentations. :o(

Ah well. Back to my normal job next week ...







No comments: